Cholesterol and Lipids Test
- Unit price
Our test kits only require a few drops of blood from your fingertip, a clinically-valid method that's as accurate (and less painful) as conventional blood collection.
All test kits are delivered to you for free and include a prepaid shipping label for you to send samples to the lab.
$6.25 is payable to Wheel Provider Group for its clinician oversight fee, which includes the approval of ordering the test and providing clinical follow-up where relevant.
Adding product to your cart
Our at home Cholesterol and Lipids Test helps you monitor cholesterol through a simple finger-prick collection, with online results in 2 to 4 days.
- Total Cholesterol
- High Density Lipoprotein (HDL)
- Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL)
- Non-HDL Cholesterol
- Cholesterol: HDL ratio
- Cholesterol levels can be associated with an increased risk of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease, which can cause heart attacks or strokes. Measuring your cholesterol can help you to make lifestyle and dietary changes to improve your chances of a long and healthy life.
- Cholesterol is essential for formation of cell membranes, hormones and bile acids. Cholesterol comes both from your diet and the production of cholesterol in the liver. Cholesterol and other lipids are carried in the blood attached to proteins, forming particles known as lipoproteins.
- HDL, or high density lipoprotein, is often called good cholesterol because it helps prevent disease by carrying cholesterol away from the cells, back to the liver, where it can be broken down and removed from the body. Cholesterol:HDL ratio is the ratio between all forms of cholesterol and HDL, the lower the ratio the better.
- LDL Cholesterol - LDL cholesterol is part of low density lipoprotein. This is often called bad cholesterol, because if there’s too much LDL cholesterol in your blood it can build up in the arteries, clogging them up. Non-HDL is a measure of all forms of Cholesterol apart from HDL.
- Triglycerides are the body's storage form of fat. Most triglycerides are found in fat (adipose) tissue, but some circulate in the blood to provide fuel for muscles to work. Extra triglycerides are found in the blood after eating a meal - when fat is being sent from the gut to fat tissue for storage. Triglycerides are the ‘saturated’ and ‘unsaturated’ fats you read about on food labels.
You must be in a fasting state to accurately measure your baseline triglyceride levels. Do not eat for 8 hours before taking the test, we recommend taking the test in the morning before breakfast.
What is included with this test?
- A finger prick kit and vials for blood collection
- A clear set of instructions
- A pre-paid, self-adhesive shipping label
- Results from an accredited lab within 3 days of receipt
- Access to your own online dashboard to view your detailed results
📋 Easy to understand results
After receiving and registering your test, you will gain access to your personal Chronomics dashboard where you'll be able to access your test results once returned by the lab.
For each biomarker you will get a test result - we will provide both the number and the unit of measurement.
We will also let you know if the result is normal or abnormal, and will explain the role of the biomarker in the body along with some reasons why results can be abnormal.
🙌 Take health into your own hands
The test is simple and can be self-administered at home with minimal preparation. No more waiting for an appointment!
Once results are available from the testing laboratory you will receive an email notification and your results will be visible on the dashboard.
Frequently asked questions
We aim to dispatch all U.S orders within 48 hours of placing your order online.
Delivery can take 2-5 working days (once dispatched), depending on your location.
We ship to all states except from:
Once you've purchased your test(s), your Chronomics receipt will be sent to your registered email address and will contain all the relevant information insurance companies may need should they cover reimbursement of the test(s).
Reimbursements of Chronomics tests are at the discretion of your insurer, as this can vary depending on the insurance company, please contact them to enquire.
We advise that samples are collected when waking up in a fasted state and returned immediately using the labels provided. Each of our test kits includes a prepaid delivery label to return your samples to the lab. Please do not collect or return samples on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Every kit includes lancets, DBS Card(Dried Blood Spots) Card, a pre-paid USPS returns label and step-by-step instructions, which walk you through how to accurately take our tests.
When you come to take your test, you’ll need to register your kit first. Once you begin registration, you'll be given on-screen instructions to guide you through the process of taking your test.
Once you’ve registered the test and collected your blood sample, you can return your test(s) to our lab via USPS, using the enclosed prepaid address label.
Yes, simply complete the payment process and input your FSA/HSA payment details.